Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I hope Radar is happy...

Because September 2nd, I submitted my application to them for an internship, including some ideas for stories. Looking at it now, I'm shocked at how prescient I was:
"The details and developments of the banking crisis seem all but indecipherable (unless you watch Jim Cramer's Mad Money for weeks straight). This piece would compare various potentially failing banks to trainwreck starlets. Will Washington Mutual fall prey to investor panic and fold like Anna Nicole Smith, or will it pull back from the brink of disaster and emerge as the banking world's Nicole Richie?"
DAMN. And that was before WaMu represented the biggest bank failure in American history! So basically what I'm saying is that Radar hates good journalism that speaks to future events that haven't come to pass yet. Too bad. I guess I'll have to just take my future telling elsewhere (maybe Cosmo?).

No comments: