Wednesday, October 8, 2008

And they call it puppy love....

With all the buzz around Sexy Sarah, in addition to the fact that Obama is a HOTTIE, I started thinking about my high school crushes. I am and have always been a huge history/political nerd, and when I was 16 or 17, I developed massive crushes on several world leaders. I'm having some trouble finding publicly held images, but here were my top two. First up was Vicente Fox. I mean, come on, he's got "fox" right in his name. Let's take a look:

Yes. I still agree with teenage Allie. He's got the whole silver fox thing going for him. Points off for being besties with W (they both loved taking long strolls on their ranches, epitomizing "cowboy style" and expelling tons of charisma with every breath). However, Fox was a slow burning love, while my feelings for Putin bordered on out and out obsession. Take a look:

God. Look at those soulful eyes. Plus he was a big mucky muck in the KGB! That might not incite sexual excitement from anyone else, but for me, it's a huge turn-on. He also saved Russia from becoming a totally failed state and launched his national projects in '05 that were made to help the common people, which earns him some serious cred. I'm not totally embarrased that I crushed on him in high school, except for the fact that now everyone thinks he's turned Russia somewhat fascist, operates as the new president's puppet master, and is in fact leading a shadow government of immense power. I can't believe I ever thought he was going to change the power relationship between Russia and the U.S. for the better. Oh well. You know what they say, time makes fools of us all.

No comments: